Professional Automation is a proud member of The Allied Professional Group.
We are automation solutions specialists. With over 20 years experience in electronic security and home automation field, we are experts in making life safe and simple.
Our team comprises of electrical engineers and industry specialists who are qualified experienced CBus programmers and installers. Some of our key team members include:
- David Wrightson is our Managing Director. Dave spent the first ten years of his working life in the Royal Australia Navy as an electronics weapons systems engineer. In that time he spent much time away on Australian Guided Missile Frigates including one tour of duty in the Persian Gulf. Dave holds both the Australian Service Medal with clasp Kuwait & the Defence Force Medal.After service in the Navy, Dave was an engineer for Boeing, working on the development of weapons systems on the Australia Collins Class submarines.Following a stint with a niche security firm, Dave incorporated Professional Security Engineering in 1999 and successfully completed such projects as the design, integration and installation of the security systems at Frank Baxter Juvenile Justice Centre and John Morony II Correctional Centre.David has manufacturer certifications and/or experience in Bosch Security Escort, ASIS, Austco Cell Call, JacquesCell Call, Stentofon (Ringmaster) Cell Call, Keywatcher, DSX Access Control, InnerRange – Concept, TECOM Challenger, Pelco/Pacom CCTV switchers, Geutebruck, Intelliflex & Perimeter Acoustic systems.
- Michael Fenech is our National Sales Manager and comes with 20+ years experience in the Electronic Engineering Industry. He is one of Australia’s most qualified in the industry. Michael has a wealth of technical knowledge and sales experience. Starting as a civilian in the Dept. of Defence, he worked on projects such as Guided Missile Weapon Systems, Under Water Mine Hunting Systems and Submarines. His management skills developed at Aristocrat Gaming Technologies, project managing the installation of Gaming Jackpot Systems throughout Sydney. He spent 8 years in Perth, completing many Lighting Control Projects.
- Mark Riddiough is more than an Operations Manager. He’s Professional Automation’s technical guru and our go-to man when it comes to IT solutions. Mark’s experience in the IT industry is impressive, having worked for big names like Adobe and Elite Software, as well as spending 11 years running his own software distribution company. With a comprehensive working knowledge of IT industry products and trends, Mark has the capacity to lead solution sales and manage enterprise sales processes to deliver outstanding business outcomes. He has a proven track record of working closely with resellers, distributors and internal staff to manage dynamic product portfolios.
- Rita Wrightson doubles as the Office and Marketing Manager. She’s the first point of contact when you call our office (on 1300 459 525) and she’s the one who keeps the office running smoothly. Rita comes to Professional Automation with a Bachelor of Education, and has 21 years of experience in teaching children, teens and adults alike. She’s also spent some time learning web design and creation, and likes to lend her hand to creative tasks such as logo creation, web design and other design-type tasks.
- Adrian Darmanin is an ambitious and enthusiastic team member. He’s excited by learning and has big plans for his future. Adrian has already completed a Certificate III in Telecommunications and has his Open Registration Cabling Licence. Adrian is also planing on completing a Networking and a Technical Security Certificate III course in the near future.Adrian comes to Professional Automation with 2.5 years of experience as a Security Technician. His specialties lie in the installation of CCTV, Intercom, Data Cabling, Alarm Systems, Access Control and ATM Security Systems. Adrian’s future plans and ambitions include becoming more knowledgeable in the technical details of Security and Networking, as well as increasing his Security and Lighting Systems programming skills, estimating and quoting skills, project management, and learning the finer arts of sales and marketing. He’s also really looking forward to building and flying his own drone for commercial purposes! With a bucket list this long, we KNOW that Adrian is going to become one of Professional Automation’s finest!
- Josh Uren has multiple qualifications that span security, telecommunications and lighting automation, making him an invaluable and versatile team member. Josh has had an incredible career in technology so far, and has amazing experiences and achievements. Some of the more notable ones are:
- Recognised as being one of the few staff in Australia who was competent in the installation of Multi View Liquid detection x-ray equipment. As a result was selected to work at the Doha Airport Project in Qatar.
- Installation of $160 million of x-ray equipment in the new Doha (Qatar) International Airport. Responsible for installation, testing and training of staff. Placed for a period of 30 days.
- Development of multiple Service Engineer Handbooks relevant to staff and client training
- Lighting Control Programming and Installation at Penrith Indoor Sky Dive
- Being offered the opportunity to undertake training in innovative and emerging technologies in Security and Automation
- Working with ParaQuad to develop Automative Solutions to assist people with disabilities to live independently.
Josh has a real penchant for technology and innovative and emerging technologies in the Security and Automation Industries. His ambition is to continue with this line of work, and to continue to develop and implement solutions to create safe and efficient working and home environments.
- Jeremy “Jem” Wrightson is our newest and youngest team member. Jem is currently undertaking an apprenticeship with us, and has already become an invaluable member of the team. We see BIG things ahead for Jem, and know that his enthusiasm, persistence, attention to detail and inquisitive nature will definitely see him go far.